Monday, March 4, 2013

“Danger in Swerving”


              








           No classes! This was good news for us students of Saint Louis College of Bulanao for we will have a 4 days pause from school activities. Our teachers are having their short break or field trip; so of course, we will not go to school too.  This was also my time to go home to my town, Balbalan, to visit my family. I am so excited to go home!
            In going home, we need to ride a jeep for about 3 hours to reach our destination. We need to travel through rough roads in order to reach Balbalan. Sharp curves are present and slopes and ravines are visible. It’s a risky and dangerous journey if the drivers aren’t careful in driving. Ever since, first timers feel nervous with the kind of way we have although it’s improving now because of ongoing constructions and repairs.
            On the 28th day of February, I went to “black tree” to find me a ride in going home. Alas! Almost every jeep was full of passengers. I then remember that our town fiesta was nearing so people are visiting too. Luckily, I was able to rode even we were compacted inside the jeep. I excitedly wait until the car headed home. On our way I felt uneasy as cars overtake each other wanting to go first. Whew! Drivers are showing how expert they are in manipulating their wheels. Until, ouch! My head hit something. “Aray” I shouted as I touched my painful head that bumped into somebody’s head when the car suddenly swerved. I look around and almost all of us passengers were irritated with what had happen. We were disgusted on the driver’s not considering our condition inside his car. It was us who suffered as he was competing with the other cars. We were not aware of his turning the wheel aside while we were calmly passing through a straight way.
            Swerving is sometimes dangerous especially when the road isn’t safe for that. Although there are times that drivers swerved in order to avoid some animals and people suddenly crossing the road, it is best to avoid it when other cars are involved. When drivers want to overtake, they swerve. Drivers should avoid it especially when his car is full of passengers. If in some circumstances accident may happen. God forbid, swerving can lead to collision with other cars or fall to steep cliff. It is dangerous if the timing isn’t right. Why would drivers swerve when it is best to travel and arrive home safely? Isn’t it better to stay safe?
            In relation to life, swerving also happens. Example, when students swerve from straight and God fearing life into committing themselves to vices. They tend to satisfy their curiosity by drinking and smoking that they didn’t do before. My dear students, like cars, if you swerve, you might fall to ravines or bump into problems and difficulties in life.
            Swerving is dangerous sometimes. We should avoid it if possible.

"A Car trying to swerve (at the back) in order to overtake the car in front"

No comments:

Post a Comment