Thursday, February 7, 2013

Library or Libanganry?


               A library is a place in which literary, musical, artistic, or reference materials are kept for use but not for sale.  It is a place of learning where you can also surf the Internet. When you heard the word library, first thing that comes to mind are books. Books to be read for additional knowledge that everybody wants to acquire.  Library is one access nearing you to success. The more you read the more intelligence you will gain.
                One day, I was rushing to the SLCB library for I have an assignment to research on. I smiled as I look around looking for an available sit, for I had observed that almost all of us present there have laptops. As I sat on the chair, I glanced at my seatmates who are busy posting on their face book account and looking at their friend’s photos. That gave me a pause and made me think of what really is the use of our library. Is there an abuse happening? Is its importance being observed or disregarded by some of us?
                We students have so many projects, reports, assignments, and readings to make. Where do we run to get solutions to them? There in the library. Therefore we should also give importance to our saviour (the library) by respecting it and by doing our part in preserving its cleanliness, silence, and proper use.  How? By not chatting as if you are in the market while other diligent students are having their review; then surfing  through library desktops for important research not for face book browsing, using books with care for longer existence, arranging chairs after use, and lastly, not eating inside the library.
                Being a student is being a good follower of rules and regulations. So in order to belong, we should abide by it. Love our library and show respect. Use it as a library not a place for “libangan” only.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment